Summer is almost here, and if there's anything we're looking forward to, it's getting that perfect sunkissed glow back into our lives! Of course, if you read our article on SPF, then you know how important it is for your skin's appearance and longevity to a) always wear sunscreen, and b) generally try to keep your skin out of the sun's harmful rays. While we love the look of tanned skin, we're not particularly excited about the side effects of sun exposure. Our solution? Bronzer!
How to: choose the right bronzer
- The ideal bronzer is one or two shades darker than your skin tone. Anything darker than that and the results are likely to be muddy and/or artificial looking.
- Tone is also important- golden tones look great on all skin types, but fair skinned gals should look for a bronzer with hints of peach or pink to add extra warmth.
- As with foundation, choosing the right formula depends on your skin tone. Dry skin type will accomodate gel or cream formulas best, while normal to oily skin types will look best with a powder formula.
How to: apply bronzer
- Use the right brush. A large, rounded brush head will evenly distribute the powder over a larger surface area, giving you that sunkissed look.
- To get the perfect shape, make a 3 on each side of your face! This ensures you apply the product only to the areas where the sun would naturally hit. Starting at the sides of the forehead, brush down along the temples and cheekbones, then continue along your jaw bone. Then, apply a small amount just on the tip of your nose and top of your chin.
- Try to apply the product in natural light to ensure you don't use too much.
There you go, our guide to getting bronzer right!