Spring is coming! And after months and months of being stuck in dull-coloured coats, we are ready for the colours of spring fashion! Luckily for us, it looks like the clothes and makeup trends of 2013 will be a rainbow of colour! From poppy lipstick to our favourite fashion trend of all, the so-called colorblock!So what exactly is colorblock?
Colorblock isn't a new kid on the block. Nope-- even if you didn't know the fashion dictionary term for this bright-coloured style, it's not possible that you missed it.
Basically, colorblock just means wearing a monochrome outfit, usually in one intense colour. Be it all white, all yellow or all purple, it's a bold, no apologies style.How do I wear the colorblock look?
- Make a stement with one piece-- be it a dress or a romper or something else-- in a very bright colour.
- Don't be afraid to mix colours. A hot pink shirt with electric blue shorts? Why not? Just consider each bold piece a building block of your outfit.
- If you are feeling a little overwhelmed by this style game, take a step back by choosing a bold, monochrome top and pairing it with jeans. (For an example of this, check out George Clooney's girlfriend, Stacy Keiber, doing just that!)
We recommend one of two options.
- To balance out the boldness of the look, go for a nude makeup look.
- Go the other route by choosing a brightly-coloured makeup look. What harm is a little more colour going to do?