Born on 1 November 1973 in Mangalore, in the Indian state of Karnataka, Aishwarya Rai is the epitome of charm and beauty.
In 1994, Aishwarya was voted Miss World. Shortly after, she entered the world of acting. Thanks to the film Devdas, directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, she was given her first international role in 2002. In 2004, Aishwarya became even more of a household name when she played the lead role in Gurinder Chadha's film Bride and Prejudice.
2005 was a busy year for Aishwarya. She acted in the film Chokher Bali, directed by Rituparno Ghosh, as well as in The Pink Panther 2, directed by Harald Zwart in 2009. In the same year, Aishwarya was awarded the Padmashree award for her contribution to Indian cinema and entertainment. This is the most prestigious prize that can be awarded to an Indian citizen and is presented by the Indian president.
A brand ambassador for L'Oréal since 2003, Aishwarya has been voted the most beautiful actress in the world on several occasions, most notably by the magazines Hello, Stuff and FHM.
A woman with a conscience, Aishwarya is also an ardent humanitarian who created her eponymous foundation for Indians in need. In 2009, she was appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the charity Smile Train.
Top news about Aishwarya Rai
- Step by Step: Aishwarya Rai's makeup from Cannes 2014
- Tutorial: get Bollywood beautiful like Aishwarya Rai!
- An exclusive interview with Aishwarya Rai at Cannes 2014
- Fuchsia lipstick... after Aishwarya Rai, is it a makeup trend to try?
- Aishwarya Rai's indigo beauty look at Cannes 2014
- Aishwarya Rai at Chime for Change
- Cannes 2014: Aishwarya Rai glitters in gold on the red carpet
- Aishwarya Rai: 13 years of Cannes red carpet glamour!
- Aishwarya Rai and Abhishek Bachchan: Cannes' royal couple!
- Cannes 2013: copy Aishwarya Rai's sophisticated chignon