Blake Lively was born in Los Angeles, California in 1987. With an actor (Ernie Lively) for a father and talent manager (Elaine) for a mother, it seems only natural that all five Lively children would grow up to work in the entertainment industry.
Lively's first role was at the age of 11 in the film Sandman, which her father directed. It wasn't until a few years later, however, after working on the set of The Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants, that she realized she wanted to be an actress. Her breakout role came when Lively portrayed Serena van der Woodsen on CW's hit show Gossip Girl. Since then Lively has appeared in many successful films, including The Town, Green Lantern, and Savages.
Outside of film, Lively's passions lie in homemaking. She has taken a tailor made course at Le Cordon Bleu and invented a S'mores cupcake to be sold in Sprinkles bakeries. In 2012 she married Canadian actor Ryan Reynolds.
Top news about Blake Lively
- Blake Lively attends Canadian State Dinner: get the look!
- 5 Makeup Tips for hooded eyelids, inspired by Blake Lively
- Blake Lively's retro hairstyles: which look suits her more?
- Summer hair inspiration: 7 celebs who have mastered the art of beachy waves
- Blake Lively: her classic beauty look on the Cannes red carpet
- Blake Lively, Eva Longoria, Karlie Kloss: L'Oreal muses attend Women of Worth 2016
- Blake Lively: see her latest pregnancy looks while promoting new movie The Shallows
- The new Fibralogy haircare range by L'Oréal Paris
- Blake vs. Serena: whose style do you prefer?
- Hairstyle Tips: how to create perfect cool-girl waves