Carly Rae Jepsen
Carly Rae Jepsen is a Canadian singer who was born on November 21, 1985. She is best known for her summer 2012 hit "Call Me Maybe".
The singer won the hearts of Canadian audiences when she appeared on "Canadian Idol" in 2007, finishing 3rd in the competition. After completing the Canadian Idol tour, she released her debut album entitled "Tug of War". It wasn't until the release of her single "Call Me Maybe" that she shot to international fame. Upon hearing the future hit on local Canadian radio, Justin Bieber referred her to his manager, Scooter Braun who signed her to his record label, School Boy records.
Her second studio album "Kiss", was released in 2012 and sold 46,000 copies in the first week. Her single, "Call Me Maybe" reached number one in several countries including Canada and the US and afforded her international success. Jepsen was awarded several awards including the 2012 Teen Choice Awards Breakout Artist as well as three Much Music Video Awards. She was also named Billboard's Rising Star in October 2012 as a result of her 2012 success.
Top news about Carly Rae Jepsen
- Celebrities who dye their hair red: Vanessa Hudgens vs Carly Rae Jepsen
- Carly Rae Jepsen goes ginger!
- We ask Carly Rae Jepsen what make-up to wear with red hair?
- Carly Rae Jepsen shows off her new red hair with a peach outfit
- Carly Rae Jepsen: a close-up on her oversize chignon
- Carly Rae Jepsen's fishtail braid hairstyle for the Juno Music Awards
- Carly Rae Jepsen shows off her red hair at Rays Summer Concert Series in St Petersburg, Florida