Cobie Smulders, born Jacoba Francisca Smulders, is a Canadian actress and former model, known primarily for playing Robin Scherbatsky in the hit US television series How I Met Your Mother. Born in Vancouver, British Columbia, Cobie quit modelling after eventually deciding that it wasn't for her, making the switch to acting instead.
Her first guest role was a cameo in Showtime sci-fi series Jeremiah where she garnered enough attention to later land recurring roles in shows such as The L Word and later How I Met Your Mother. Smulders has also worked on stage, performing in "off Broadway" show Love, Loss and What I Wore.
Cobie Smulders is also known for playing Maria Hill in 2012 blockbuster The Avengers, a role she will reprise in Captain America: Winter Soldier, due for release in 2014.
A mother of one, Smulders can rock the red carpet with the best of them, usually opting for subtle, elegant beauty looks, preferring a natural yet polished approach to her hair and makeup. She certainly ranks pretty high on our list of style role models!
Top news about Cobie Smulders
- Get Cobie Smulders' glowing makeup look
- Sarah Michelle Gellar, Rachel Bilson and Cobie Smulders: best red carpet looks of CBS' Summer TCA Party
- Cobie Smulders raises eyebrows at the Oceana Partners Award Gala
- Cobie Smulders : Should you match your lipstick and shoes?
- Cobie Smulders Sizzles at the "Delivery Man" premier