Model Irina Shayk was born on January 6, 1986 in Yemanzhelinsk, Russia. Her father, Valery, was a coal miner and her mother, Olga, was a kindergarten music teacher. Irina and her sister Tatiana attended a local music school, where Irina played piano and sang in choir.
After graduating from high school, Irina studied marketing, but quickly abandoned it to attend beauty school instead. It's there that she caught the eye of a local scout who was struck by her exotic-seeming beauty and encouraged her to enroll in a local pageant. Irina won the contest and embarked on a modeling career that would earn her international fame.
After moving from Russia to Paris, the model finally settled in New York City, and in 2007 she became an ambassador for lingerie brand Intimissimi, as well as appearing in the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue for the first time. She has since modelled for Guess, Victoria's Secret, Lacoste, and Armani Exchange.
Aside from appearing in the pages of reputed fashion magazines all over the world, Shayk has also tried her hand in acting and organized a charity organization to help orphans and sick children in her hometown.
Top news about Irina Shayk
- Irina Shayk: copy her signature 'no makeup' look!
- Irina Shayk: copy this L'Oréal Paris ambassador's #Loréalista curls!
- Loréalista alert: model Irina Shayk is a L'Oréal Paris ambassador!
- Irina Shayk: our interview with the L'Oréal Paris ambassador!
- Crushing on cushion compacts: Hailey Baldwin, Irina Shayk + more
- Wimbledon 2016: Irina Shayk brings classic cool-girl style to Wimbledon
- The Little Camouflage Dress: Irina Shayk's green heels or Kourtney Kardashian's black heels?
- Video: get to know L'Oréal Paris ambassador Irina Shayk
- Irina Shayk: copy her smoky eye from the Versace runway!
- Fashion trend at Cannes: Soo Joo Park and Irina Shayk wear feathered fringe gowns on the red carpet