Daughter of screen star Henry Fonda, Jane Fonda soon captivated the world of cinema, going on to lead an incredible international film career. It was Roger Vadim, whom she later married, who nudged Jane to sex-symbol status in the film Barbarella (1968). Later, she went on to work with other legendary directors like Sydney Pollack in They Shoot Horses, Don't They? (1969) and Jean-Luc Godard in Everything's All Right (1972).
The American beauty would eventually win two Oscars in her career: one for her performance in Alan J. Pakula's Klute (1972), and another for her role in Hal Ashby's Coming Home. "The daughter of Henry Fonda" made her own name in Hollywood and continues to act. In 2005, she played nemesis to Jennifer Lopez in Monster-in-Law.
The style icon not only excelled in film, but also television. Fonda eventually revolutionized the Fitness industry with the release of Jane Fonda's Workout in 1982.
Despite being a L'Oréal ambassador since 2006, the actress dedicates most of her time to charity. After founding the Georgia Campaign for Adolescent Pregnancy Prevention, which aims to educate teenagers on the risks of teen pregnancy, Jane Fonda continues to act as president of the organization.
Top news about Jane Fonda
- How to get Jane Fonda's dazzling Grammy Awards look!
- Jane Fonda: voluminous mid-length waves
- The Butler's Jane Fonda: feathered hairstyle and polished makeup
- Jane Fonda shines at TIFF 2014: Get the Look
- Celebrities at The Butler premiere with Jane Fonda, Mariah Carey and Oprah Winfrey
- Jane Fonda and Jennifer Lopez are named Variety Magazine's most powerful women
- Cannes 2014: exclusive interview with Jane Fonda!
- Jane Fonda at the amFAR Gala: girly and glamorous in pink!
- Jane Fonda wins AFI Life Achievement Award!
- Fashion at the Oscars - looks we loved from last year!