Born 24 July 1969 in Castle Hill, in the Bronx area of New York, this beautiful Puerto Rican, with her curvaceous figure and bewitching sex appeal, really launched her career in 1999. That year, J-Lo set the musical world alight with her album On the 6, which reached the top 10 of the Billboard 200. In short, a diva was born.
In 2001, her second album J.Lo entered straight in at number one on the Billboard 200. Her following releases were This is me...Then, in 2002, Rebirth in 2005, Brave two years later, and Love? in 2011.
Equally gifted at cinema, Jennifer Lopez starred in The Wedding Planner, the most successful American film of 2001. Her much-acclaimed performance in the title role of the film Selena earned her a nomination at the Golden Globes, and she continued her acting career in An Unfinished Life, U-Turn, Maid in Manhattan, The Cell, Out of Sight, Plan B and Bordertown.
J-Lo actually produced this last film herself. As well as being a talented artist, Jennifer Lopez is also a real businesswoman and heads the film production company Nuyorican.
This girl does it all. A committed philanthropist, Jennifer Lopez carries out many charitable activities. She co-founded the Maribel Foundation, a not-for-profit organisation, with her sister Lynda. This foundation aims to improve the health and well-being of women and children by helping them gain access to medical care.
Top news about Jennifer Lopez
- Jennifer Lopez at 2015 American Music Awards: see her outfits!
- Nail Art: 10 celebrity manicures to try today
- Nail art: get a reverse French Manicure like Jennifer Lopez
- Makeup trend at last year's Grammy Awards: the cat eye
- Hair Trend: Textured hair is the way to go for fall 2016
- The nude manicure: hot 2013 nail art trend
- Video Music Awards: the best red carpet beauty moments of all time
- Jennifer Lopez hosts the AMAs: copy her glamorous makeup look!
- Jennifer Lopez: get her look with Casting Sunkiss Jelly
- Jennifer Lopez makeup tutorial: bronze beauty