The successful model, Karlie Elizabeth Kloss, was born on August 3rd, 1992 in St. Louis, Missouri. Karlie trained as a ballet dancer in her younger years, and she credits this for her ability to pose so elegantly in front of the camera.
Karlie was spotted as a model at the young age of 14 when she posed for the Chicago-based magazine, 'Scene Magazine'. The infamous modelling agency, Elite, picked up on Karlie's potential and signed her to their label almost immediately. Following her whirlwind entry into the industry, Karlie began modelling for one of America's favorite brands, Abercrombie.
After moving labels to Next Model Management in 2008, Karlie's career took off in a big way. She modeled at fashion shows in Milan, Paris and New York, and represented an incredible array of designers, including Alexander McQueen and Dolce & Gabbana.
On top of her impressive height (she is 1.85m tall!) and elegant, delicate features, Karlie has another enviable quality: her runway walk! Described as one of the most powerful in the industry, Karlie's strut down the catwalk oozes flair and self-confidence.
Karlie selflessly gets involved with charitable causes and has collaborated with restaurant chain Momofuku to create 'Karlie's Cookies'. These cookies are made according to a gluten and dairy free recipe. Proceeds from the sales go towards feeding children suffering from hunger in developing countries across the globe.
Top news about Karlie Kloss
- Karlie Kloss and Kendall Jenner on DVF New York runway: get the look!
- Karlie Kloss at Cannes: red lips or smoky eye?
- Karlie Kloss: how to rock her fashionable hairstyle
- Fall skincare: 4 steps to hydrated skin!
- Karlie Kloss: two hair + makeup looks to pair with an LBD
- Karlie Kloss hairstyles: short vs. long bob?
- Karlie Kloss vs. Anna Kendrick: who wore brown lipstick best?
- Hairstyle Inspiration: 5 easy hairstyles to copy, inspired by our favourite it-girls
- Halloween nail art: get dark green metallic nails like Karlie Kloss!
- Hair Strobing: the next big hair trend you need to try!