Naomi Ellen Watts was born in 1968 in Kent, England. She spent the first fourteen years of her life in South East England and Wales, before moving to Sydney, Australia with her mother, brother and stepfather.
Upon her arrival, Naomi was enrolled in acting classes, and landed her debut role in For Love Alone. Shortly afterwards, she took a supporting role in Flirting, alongside the then up-and-coming stars Nicole Kidman and Thandie Newton and gained a regular role in the soap opera Home and Away.
In 1993, Watts moved to the United States, and in 2001 she was cast in David Lynch's Mulhullond Drive, which lead to a career breakthrough and afforded her recognition and admiration from critics and the public alike. Since then, Watts has starred in The Ring, 21 Grams, Eastern Promises, Le Divorce and more.
Watts isn't only an award-winning actress, however. She works hard to raise awareness of AIDS issues, and in 2006 became a goodwill ambassador for the Joint United Nation Programme on HIV and AIDS (UNAIDS).
Top news about Naomi Watts
- Match the Look: Naomi Watts ravishes in ruffles (x2)!
- Naomi Watts: check out her gorgeous blonde angled bob!
- Battle of the bobs: which Naomi Watts hairstyle do you prefer?
- Naomi Watts: why we hope to see her at Cannes 2015
- Oscars 2016: the 10 most beautiful looks from the red carpet
- Night cream: a skincare ally against aging skin!
- Mature women: rejuvenate your skin in 4 simple steps!
- Naomi Watts: get her Cannes red carpet French Twist!
- Cannes hair tutorial: get vintage curls like Naomi Watts!
- TIFF 2015: Naomi Watts dazzles in nude on 'Demolition' red carpet!