On January 9th, 1989 in Sofia, the capital of Bulgaria, Nikolina Konstantinova Dobreva was born – later to be known to the world as Nina Dobrev. Nina and her family moved to Canada when she was two years old and in 2008, at the age of 19, Nina began to pursue a career in acting.
One of her most famous roles to date is playing Katherine Pierce - and Katherine's double, Elena Gilbert - in the television series The Vampire Diaries. Nina has also starred in a number of movies, including the thriller Chloe and The Perks of Being a Wallflower alongside Hollywood and TV star, Paul Rudd. Nina has won a wide variety of awards for her acting work, including several Teen Choice Awards and two Young Hollywood Awards.
Nina is an influential character within the beauty industry. Since many of her television roles appeal to youngsters, she's keen to share her beauty secrets with teenage fans, and features regularly in various beauty magazines – including those written for young readers – for this purpose. Nina's natural, eastern European beauty is evident, but she often emphasises her good looks with smoky, brown eyeshadows and carefully applied eyeliner.
It's not just acting where Nina's talents lie – she's also a trained ballet and jazz dancer, and once competed in rhythmic gymnastics! When will we get to see this in Vampire Diaries?
Top news about Nina Dobrev
- Nina Dobrev vs Nikki Reed: naughty or nice?
- Nina Dobrev: blue vs red, what color best suits a brunette?
- Hair tutorial: get Nina Dobrev's romantic braided updo
- Hairstyle tutorial: Nina Dobrev's chic 10 minute low bun!
- Get big bouncy curls like Nina Dobrev
- Hairstyle tutorial: Nina Dobrev's messy fishtail braid
- Tutorial for long hair: get Nina Dobrev's half-up ponytail
- Nina Dobrev: chic sparkly nail art
- Get Nina Dobrev's pretty purple eye makeup
- Copy Nina Dobrev's chic bun from the Chanel front row