Selena Marie Gomez was born on July 22, 1992 in Grand Prairie, Texas. Her mom, who was just sixteen when she gave birth to her daughter, named her after Selena, the Tejano singer.
Selena found fame at a young age, starring in the children's television series, Barney and Friends, as the character Gianna. Since then, Selena has starred in a multitude of films including Hannah Montana and Spy Kids 3D: Game Over. Following success in these movies, Selena earned a leading role in the Disney television series, Wizards of Waverly Place, playing the role of Alex, for which she won a whole host of different awards. A film adaptation was made, too, in 2009. Following this, Selena began her career as a pop-rock recording artist along with her band, Selena Gomez and the Scene. More recently, Selena released her first solo album, Stars Dance.
With her father's Mexican ancestry, Selena has a beautiful olive complexion and is famous for her lustrous, long dark locks. As a role model to teenage girls, Selena has influenced the world of beauty considerably. Her make-up look often centers around coloured or shimmery eyeshadow, coupled with several coats of striking mascara to frame her dark brown eyes. In terms of fashion: you name it, Selena's done it. She's been spotted wearing anything from ball gowns with a daring split through to uber-casual shorts teamed with a checked shirt. Selena's certainly no stranger to mixing it up a bit in the fashion stakes – and boy, does she look good! Jealous, much?
Top news about Selena Gomez
- Selena Gomez and Melonie Diaz go vamp: who does it better?
- Makeup inspiration for a round face: Selena Gomez
- Selena Gomez: braided headband vs. voluminous waves
- Selena Gomez, Ciara... see-through dresses rock the MTV Video Music Awards
- Selena Gomez: waves and a braid for her New York Concert
- Long bob inspiration: Selena Gomez, Heidi Klum, and more
- VS Fashion Show face off: Martha Hunt vs Selena Gomez
- Selena Gomez: get her classic low chignon + high-glamour makeup!
- Selena Gomez: get her tousled side braid from Paris!
- Step by Step: How to get Selena Gomez's aqua marine eye make-up