The Canadian actress and model, Shay Mitchell, was born in Mississauga, Ontario on April 10th, 1987. Her full name is Shannon Ashley Mitchell, and her parents are of Filipino and Irish origin. Shay began her modelling career at an early age, winning a modelling competition for young girls at the tender age of 10.
Following her success as a youngster, Shay began modelling all over the world. Thanks to her mixed eastern and western heritages, Shay soon proved to be popular in Asian countries such as Thailand and Hong Kong. Her heart truly lay in drama, however, and Shay returned to her native Canada to study acting at Ryerson University in Toronto. Her hard work paid off, and soon after, she was offered a part in the series 'Degrassi: The Next Generation', as well as a number of commercials.
Since her first forays into the world of acting, Shay has been enjoying a diverse career. From music videos alongside the rapper, Sean Paul, through to her role as a cheerleader in the Disney television series, 'Aaron Stone', Shay has certainly proved that she can try her hand at many types of acting. Her most prominent role to date is playing Emily Fields in the popular ABC series, 'Pretty Little Liars'.
With her glorious shiny black hair and delicate Filipino features, it is no wonder that Shay enjoys so much success in front of the camera. And as if we weren't jealous enough, Shay is pretty smart, too, she has even taught herself Spanish in her free time!
Top news about Shay Mitchell
- Shay Mitchell: do you prefer her straight or wavy?
- Shay Mitchell: casual or chic style?
- Shay Mitchell's Plum Lips: Makeup Tutorial
- Pretty little lipsticks: Shay Mitchell's best lip colors
- Shay Mitchell: smoky eye makeup for bronzed skin
- Tutorial: Shay Mitchell goes matte at CNN Heroes 2013
- Canadian Screen Awards: Who are the presenters?
- Midriffs on show at DIRECTV's Super Saturday Night!